I'm taking on Mt Kilimanjaro to raise awareness of pancreatic cancer and to raise funds for the GI Cancer Institute in memory of my Dad. My dad overcame many other cancers but pancreatic cancer had no mercy.
My dad is one of three people that I know that was taken from us this last year as a result of this pancreatic cancer.
Most people climb up Mt Kilimanjaro but I am going to challenge myself even further by running to the top! I want to really challenge myself, not just to see what I can do but to change the statistics for people living with pancreatic cancer:
- Only 6% of people diagnosed survive more than 5 years
- 3,030 Australians were diagnosed so far in 2015
- 2,710 of these people will die
- The number of people diagnosed is rising
Through clinical trials, the GI Cancer Institute is working to change these figures and give people hope.
Please donate today and help me get to the top -and save lives.
Gutsy challenges leading up to Mt Kilimanjaro:
1. Sydney Half Marathon - targeting sub 80:00 (PB 80:56).
2. Melbourne Marathon - targeting sub 2:48 (PB 2:49)